Friday, May 4, 2012

Logo, Line and Mapping

I walked half a mile...half a mile of thoughts and ideas that never came through.
I walked half a mile...my heart was yours, but you were the winds'.
I walked half a mile...and I was alive, but death was following me.
I walked half a mile...with beautiful people and lovely sounds
I walked half a mile...let me show you.

I had to walk half a mile and make a project that showed this half a mile.
This represented the cemetery I ended up walking in. I walked with a few friends, including my closest friends, Anna. When we were there, there was a grave of a baby who had passed away after 3 weeks, and her name was Anna. When I saw that I thought about my friendship with Anna, so I decided to make this miniature scultpture of our friendship. 

This jewelry box represented all the crazy thoughts I was having because of a situation with a guy, but then I remembered that God's fairy tale for me is a lot greater than anything I could imagine, and not only that, but He is the best Prince Charming ever, because He loves me so much, that He gave His life for me.


This was the cover of the box where I put all the objects from the project. It includes a map of the continent of America, then of Ohio and Michigan and then the actual half a mile I walked. I made it all the way from Lima, Peru to Toledo, Ohio, to then then go to the middle of nowhere in Michigan, how crazy is that?!


This is a box that also represent the cemetery where I walked. It contains pictures from the walk in the cemetery


This is on the inside of the box. Those were just lyrics of songs I was singing during that specific time. 



Here's a full view of the box with all the tiny pieces from it. 


And, this is what it looks like when you open it. 

This project made me think a lot, it made me realize (again) how crazy I am and how my brain just works so much, even when I try to be in solitude. I did have a lot of fun making the objects for it. I used different materials, like clay, textiles, and different types of pant, etc. It had been a while since I used clay, and now I remember why I love it so much, so hopefully I'll be able to use it a lot more often.
This project went far beyond than just walking a half a mile, it went inside a half a mile in my brain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment