Sunday, January 15, 2012

C'mon, be extraordinary.

Three words, such a simple sentence, no metaphors nor any epiphanies, just a simple statement, but it has become an everyday reminder in my life. As simple as that line is, it’s a shame I didn’t come up with it, but I think that’s what makes it greater. This quote came up in an episode of my favorite television show, Doctor Who, which is a British television show about the adventures of an alien. The line is of course said by the Doctor, and I knew right then, this quote was going to change my life. I remember I wrote down the quote, and I decided to take it into my everyday life. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that what we’re doing or working on at the moment is literally changing the world. From typing a paper, to cooking dinner for your family, or working on an art project, everything affects something else or someone else. So, I decided, if I’m going to do it, I better give it my best, it may not be the best, but it’s the best I could do, and in the end, that’s what makes a difference.

“C’mon, Extraordinary” – Eleventh Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment